Spotify recently launched in Kenya. Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming and media services provider that was launched in October 2008. Spotify is owned by Spotify AB, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange since 2018 through its holding company Spotify Technology S.A. based in Luxembourg.
Steps to sign up on Spotify
You can sign up using the Spotify app using your email address or Facebook account. These are quick ways to lets you log in to the app on any device quickly.
Sign up using email
- Select SIGN UP.
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Choose a password.
- You can choose to enter more details such as gender, date of birth, and what we should call you (your display name).
Tip: Your display name is just for show. It’s different to your username which is auto-generated and can’t be changed. For more info see Change username.
Sign up with Facebook
- Select SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK or CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK (on mobile).
- If you’re not already logged into Facebook on the device, you’re directed to enter your Facebook details.
- Allow Spotify access to your Facebook.