CS Matiang’i made the revelation when he appeared before the National Assembly’s Security Committee same day morning.
CS Matiang’i termed DP Ruto as Kenya’s most protected second-in-command since independence, pointing out that he has some 51 police officers guarding his expansive estate.
According to the Interior Ministry boss, DP Ruto has 257 officers deployed to guard him as well as secure his residences and properties.
- A 22,000-acre estate,
- A 5-helicopter hangar,
- Kitengela gas,
- 395-hectare Murumbi Farm in Transmara Narok
- 6073- hectare ADC Laikipia Mutara Ranch.
The other listed properties guarded by police officers are:
- Dolphine Hotel, Mombasa (LR. No. MN/1/3266)-3 Hectares (6),
- Mata Farm – Taita Taveta (LR. No.10287/10 & 11) 2537 Hectares (6),
- Private Residence Elgon View Eldoret (4),
- Koitalel Poultry Farm Eldoret (4),
- Private Residence in Kosachei Eldoret (3 Prisons, 1 AP),
- Kwae Island Development Ltd – Wilson Airport (2 Hangers and 5 Helicopters) (5).