TECNO, a global premium smartphone brand, has unveiled the TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition.
TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition smartphone is the world’s first smart device that uses “sunlight drawing” technology to allow the phone to change colors in sunlight – creating a device that is both artistic and intuitive.
This is a continuation of the CAMON 19 Series, in June, they unveiled the CAMON 19 and CAMON 19 Pro. TECNO’s “sunlight drawing” technology – more formally known as polychromatic photoisomer technology – is a process that breaks through the technical limitations of single-colour or dual-colour discolouration, and is inspired by the works of Mondrian, enabling the phone’s shell to follow geometrical patterns of colour change in the sun.
“We’ve taken everything our users love about CAMON series – great camera, stylish look, and super thin bezel – and created a smartphone experience that delivers a true one-of-a-kind aesthetic never before seen on a mobile device,” said Alex Liu, Regional Marketing Manager of Kenya, TECNO Mobile. “Today, with the continuous development of the consumer experience economy, art and commercial products are now intertwined. We are so excited to unveil the CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition to reinforce our commitment to innovation – both in the arts and in tech.”
A Unique Partnership Formed from Artistic Inspiration
TECNO and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston have joined to bring the unique vision of Piet Mondrian – the Dutch pioneer of abstract art best known for his bold and colourful block paintings – to a new format that is accessible to consumers in a way not previously explored.
This partnership has been facilitated through artistry, a specialist in art and cultural IP licensing globally.
TECNO pays tribute to Piet Mondrian by presenting polychromatic photoisomer technology in a classic and minimalist mobile phone design to perfectly inherit his pure artistic spirit. The smartphone is no longer a mere technology product but a philosophical artwork in the tradition of Mondrian, with the light and shadow transformation from indoor to outdoor. TECNO’s brand, expressed by the debut of polychromatic photoisomer technology, is similar to Mondrian’s perfect combination of colours and lines to illustrate the power of nature and the essence of life.
The Mondrian Edition is launched on the heels of the CAMON 19 Pro, with the same key features, including:
- First high-clear crystal sensitive lens with RGBW sensor for the 64MP Bright Night Portrait
- The 0.98mm bezel offers the industry’s slimmest form factor, framing a 6.8-inch FHD+ display, to deliver an unsurpassed immersive experience
- The aesthetic design of the dual-ring triple-camera design perfectly balances the camera and back panel aesthetic to create a seamless overall feeling. The metal dual-ring is perfectly integrated with the triple camera using an anodizing process, bringing a sense of professional performance.
- 50MP 2X Optical-Zoom Lens for clearer, more detailed portraits
- AI Face Beauty technology intelligently identifies different facial structures and skin tones and delivers smoothing complexions and accurate skin tones
- Powerful performance optimizes the phone for clarity, brightness, and colour accuracy for a stunning viewing experience. Certified by TuV Rheinland, the display minimizes blue light for more comfortable viewing, reducing eye strain and fatigue.
With its exceptional craftsmanship and its innovative visual appearance, TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition recently collected two international design awards, 2022 MUSE Design Award (US) and The A’ Design Award (Italy)
The MUSE Design Awards is a leading international award competition that aims to promote excellence in various design industries by providing professionals and brands with a platform to compete on the world stage. The MUSE Design Awards is created by the International Awards Associate (IAA) in New York and is known for its rigorous judging system and high-quality criteria.
While A’ Design Award is the world’s leading annual international design competition recognized by ICOGRADA(International Council of Graphic Design Associations) and the European Design Association. A’ Design Competition is the largest design competition in the world and awards are given to the best designs, design concepts, products, and services.
Pricing & Availability
The CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition, will be retailing for KES 35,000. It shall be available at Safaricom shops, Jumia, MASOKO and all TECNO branded shops countrywide.