Samsung has introduced “Samsung Food,” a revolutionary AI-driven food and recipe platform set to launch in 104 countries and available in eight languages. This platform boasts an extensive library of over 160,000 recipes and serves as a personalized culinary assistant. Users can explore new dishes, create custom meal plans, and order ingredients seamlessly. Furthermore, Samsung Food provides intelligent control over cooking appliances, offers step-by-step cooking guidance, and facilitates recipe sharing on social media.
Leveraging Whisk, a food platform acquired by Samsung in 2019, Samsung Food taps into Food AI, which suggests meals based on user preferences and seasonal ingredients. Chanwoo Park, Executive Vice President of the Digital Appliances Business at Samsung Electronics, stated, “Samsung Food connects digital appliances and mobile devices across the Samsung ecosystem to deliver a highly personalized, all-in-one food experience.”
Key Features of Samsung Food:
- Recipe Discovery and Personalization: Users can save recipes to their digital recipe box and generate shopping lists based on recipe ingredients. Accessible on mobile devices and select Samsung refrigerators, the app offers recipe recommendations based on available ingredients.
- Personalized Recipe Modification: The “Personalize Recipe” function allows users to adapt recipes to meet dietary requirements, preferences, and ingredient availability. Users can even create fusion recipes and adjust cooking parameters.
- Tailored Meal Planning: AI-driven meal recommendations consider user data, dietary preferences, and favorite cuisines. Nutritional information is readily available, and users can add items to their shopping list for easy online ordering.
- Kitchen Connectivity: Samsung Food seamlessly connects with appliances, allowing users to set timers, preheat ovens, and send cooking instructions directly to devices through guided cooking modes. Samsung plans to expand connectivity to additional appliances.
- Social Sharing: Users can share their favorite dishes, create and publish recipes, and follow food content creators within the Samsung Food community.
Samsung has ambitious plans for Samsung Food’s future. By year-end, it aims to integrate Samsung Health, providing diet management suggestions based on BMI, body composition, and calorie consumption. In 2024, Vision AI technology will enable the app to recognize photographed food items and meals, offering nutrition information, recipe recommendations, and shopping list updates with a simple photo.
As a part of Samsung’s growing suite of services, Samsung Food aims to enhance the smart, connected kitchen experience. Regular updates will continue to enrich its offerings following the official launch.