Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
NewsTrendsKE
  • Business
    • Deals
  • OpEds
  • Sustainability
  • Women in Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Featured
  • Technology
    • Phones
  • Sports
  • World
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
NewsTrendsKE
No Result
View All Result

Home » Featured » Musk denies report he plans to fire Twitter workers to avoid payout

Musk denies report he plans to fire Twitter workers to avoid payout

4 years ago
in Featured
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Elon Musk has denied a New York Times report that he plans to lay off Twitter workers before the start of next month to avoid having to make payouts.

Replying to a Twitter user asking about the report, he said: “This is false.”

Also Read

NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

Countries in the Horn of Africa and Yemen recommit to ending variant poliovirus

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

Seychelles: President Visits Police and Fire Services in Final Stop on La Digue Tour

23 May 2026
Load More

Last week, Mr Musk completed his $44bn (£37.9bn) takeover of the social media platform after months of legal wrangling.

The buyout saw the exit of the firm’s top bosses – including its chief executive, chairman and finance chief.

At the weekend, The New York Times reported that Mr Musk had ordered major job cuts across Twitter’s workforce.

The newspaper said the layoffs would take place before 1 November, when workers were due to receive grants of shares in the company as a major part of their pay deals.

The takeover has prompted discussion among Twitter users over what the platform will look like under Mr Musk’s ownership.

Some have voiced concerns that more lenient free speech policies would mean people banned for hate speech or disinformation may be allowed back to the platform.

Last week Mr Musk said that he doesn’t want the platform to become an echo chamber for hate and division. “Twitter obviously cannot become a free-for-all hell-scape, where anything can be said with no consequences!” he tweeted.

However after denying the New York Times job cuts report, Mr Musk tweeted a screen shot of a New York Times headline about him posting a link to a “site known to publish false news”.

The New York Times headline referred to a reply Mr Musk had posted, and then deleted, at the weekend to a tweet by former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

His reply contained a link to a conspiracy theory about an assault on Paul Pelosi, husband of US House speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Separately, in response to a question about users getting verified – and gaining a coveted so-called “blue check mark” – on the platform, he said the process will be revised.

“Whole verification process is being revamped right now”, Mr Musk said without giving further details.

It had been reported that the firm was planning to charge users to become verified.

Mr Musk also started a Twitter poll asking his more than 112m followers whether he should bring back the short-video app Vine.

The service that allowed users to share six-second-long looping clips was bought by Twitter in 2012.

It gained more than 200m active users by the end of 2015 before being shelved by the social media platform.

Mr Musk has previously run polls on whether or not he should sell 10% of his stake in the electric car maker Tesla and if Twitter should have an edit button.

The post Musk denies report he plans to fire Twitter workers to avoid payout appeared first on KBC.

Previous Post

Verified Kenyan Twitter reacts to KSh. 2,428 subscription fee

Next Post

One Month to go Until Angola Oil & Gas 2022

Related Posts

NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates
APO News

Countries in the Horn of Africa and Yemen recommit to ending variant poliovirus

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates
APO News

Seychelles: President Visits Police and Fire Services in Final Stop on La Digue Tour

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates
APO News

Member States advance regional coordination on Bundibugyo Ebola response

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates
APO News

Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Inspection Team Visits ECOWAS Stabilisation Support Mission in Guinea Bissau

23 May 2026
Samsung S25 Ultra

Samsung Galaxy S25 Ultra Review: The Ultimate Powerhouse

4 March 2025
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

Member States advance regional coordination on Bundibugyo Ebola response

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Inspection Team Visits ECOWAS Stabilisation Support Mission in Guinea Bissau

23 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

World Health Organization (WHO) Supports Zambia to Strengthen Access to Mental Health Medicines and Services

23 May 2026
Carrefour Checkout at Two Rivers

Carrefour Celebrates 10 Years in Kenya with 34 Stores, 3,000 Jobs, 99% Locally Supplied Products, and Customer Rewards

22 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE with APO News Updates

Brazzaville 2026 African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Annual Meetings to focus on mobilising Africa’s development financing at scale

22 May 2026
NewsTrendsKE

NewsTrendsKE

A News Blog For Readers Who Want More

Follow us on social media:

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

©2026 NewsTrendsKE.

No Result
View All Result
  • Business
    • Deals
  • OpEds
  • Sustainability
  • Women in Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Featured
  • Technology
    • Phones
  • Sports
  • World
  • Contact Us

©2026 NewsTrendsKE.

Go to mobile version